We can assist organisations that need help improving the quality and effectiveness of their internal audit processes in a number of ways. First, by advising and assisting in the development of internal audit and risk management methodologies, including assessment of whether or not the internal audit function is delivered effectively to stakeholders. Attention to the design, documentation and operation of controls is critical to ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of information used for financial reporting and management decision-making.
If This is Your Situation:
How PKF UBC Services Can Help You?
- You're concerned that your internal audit function can't keep up with the changing risks facing your business.
- You find it difficult to recruit and retain internal audit professionals in all of your key skill areas.
- You need to supplement your in-house internal audit function with specialist skills.
- Your internal audit function has insufficient resources to cover the geographic scope of your organisation.
- Your organisation considers internal audit to be a non-core activity so you want to find an external provider.
- You need to assess the effectiveness of your risk management, internal audit, and corporate governance procedures.
- You need confidence in the quality of the information produced by your IT systems.
- You need assistance in documenting or testing your internal controls over financial reporting.
- You are implementing—or have just implemented—a new IT system and want a review of the controls.
- You are entering into a joint venture or other transaction and need due diligence on systems and controls.
Maximising the value and effectiveness of the internal audit function requires an understanding of an organisation's objectives, risks, risk management priorities, regulatory environment, and the diverse needs of critical stakeholders including executive management, the board, employees, and shareholders. Ultimately, these needs determine the risk profile of the organisation and the strategic focus, organisation, resources and practices required of its internal audit department.
Secondly, by providing internal audit resource solutions, including full outsourcing or complementing in-house functions with specialist skills or geographical coverage. Third, by supporting internal audit functions with software to enhance and support their work. In addition, we can develop training for internal auditors using our extensive market and industry knowledge to create highly-tailored solutions.
Finally, UBC Provides Services Related to Controls Around the Financial Reporting Process, Including Financial Business Process and IT Management Controls.
- Internal audit outsourcing
- Internal audit co-sourcing
- Internal audit advisory
- Sarbanes-Oxley advisory
- Technical advice
- Financial and operation applications/business process controls reviews
- Database security controls reviews
- IT general controls reviews
- Infrastructure security reviews
- Pre- and post-implementation systems reviews
- Computer security reviews